Wednesday, October 7, 2009

When Will You People Learn?



Howard has to have some of the most socially illiterate people I have ever come across. The past two days have been....well I can't put it to words, so I'll just use emoticons. The past two days have been like this , this , and this .


So Tuesday morning, I usually wake up a little after 10, usually 10:15, no later than 10:30 since I have class at 11. So I wake up to the workers doing construction.. So the sun is up and it's sunny. So you know I'm thinking it's about 10, 10:15. I look at my phone. It's 7:42. WTF??? Who in the hell commissioned DC construction workers to begin working so early!? And they weren't doing anything average like fixing a broken sewer pipe. With the noise they were making, you'd think they were erecting a skyscraper. I look out my window to see this:








Pounding the pavement and drilling holes in the ground. Like seriously??? Really??? It didn't cross their minds that people would be, oh I don't know, sleep??? What you're doing at 7:42, I'm sure you can do at 10 or 11. And the vibrations were ricocheting all throughout my room. My bed was like moving like one of those vibrating beds at a run down Vegas motel. They were relatively loud. I couldn't even watch my Step By Step in peace. I was highly disturbed.





But whatever.



Anyway, there are just some things I will never understand. One of them involves common etiquette. So sometime last week I walked over to Safeway. Yes, I walked. You may say from the Towers to Safeway in Adams Morgan is a long walk but it's really not, at least imo. So like usual, I walked in and totally forgot what  I went to the store to get, and ended up buying a whole bunch of stuff I didn't go into the store for. [eats another pack of Gushers]. I didn't feel like walking back to the Towers, so I caught the shuttle at Meridian back to the Towers. So this dummy tries to get on as me and this girl were getting off. Like sir...WTF are you doing??? Did you not think there would be people getting off? You're supposed to look through the window and see if anyone is getting off before you proceed to board the shuttle. You idiot.

It's the same situation with the elevators. First of all, let me just say that pressing the elevator button multiple times isn't gonna make the elevator come any faster. So just stop. It irritates me. Anyway, let people get off the elevators before you try to pile drive your ass onto the elevator. The elevator isn't going anywhere anytime soon. And I'm sure someone will hold the elevator door open so you can get on. It's not that serious.


Whilst walking to class, understand that the sidewalk is built for two way traffic. That entails a person or persons traveling in opposing directions in single file on a walkway. That means one person on one side of the pavement, and another on the other side of the pavement. With that said, if you're walking with a friend or friends in the same direction and there is a person walking towards you, one of you needs to move over. Don't try and get by because you're gonna bump into the person. Let's use common courtesy people. This irritates me. You see me coming. You see there isn't enough room for me to walk by. Move your sloppy ass in front or behind your friend until I pass by. Flipping idiot.





My life at Howard University.

2 comments:

  1. the picture of the towers really did me in lmaooooo i saw the cones and just fell out laughin lol i feel ur pain....i went through an entire summer of house renovation....summer the one time in life you can sleep as late as your heart desires but i wasn't sleep past 8. smh. INHUMANE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And the nerve of it to be quiet now. Like they could have started this after ppl woke up around 10 or 11...even 9 would have been okay. But 7 in the morning? Really?

    ReplyDelete